Monday, October 23, 2017

Butterfly Charm Block and a Bestie!!





For years my Best Friend Crystal and I love to do projects together and with me just coming back on to the scene I wanted to do something meaningful and fun!!





Our Favorite animal (insect) has been the butterfly so when I saw these amazing Butterfly Charm Blocks by  Lillyella stitchery  I knew I wanted to make that. So I wrote Crystal and said wouldn't this be fun!!! And so here we go!!!!


This will be my first time challenging myself with charm blocks by paper piecing I am super excited and scared all at the same time haha.


I did find a paper piecing tutorial by Connecting Threads that made me feel much better about taking on this project and now I am even more excited to dive in and start.


We are going to do a 9 square wall hang in a rainbow format. I am so excited to hang this in my office when it's done!! Each week we will share with you one of our butterfly blocks along with the next weeks fabric color choice. This week I am going to start out with my favorite color....Purple!!



We hope that you follow along and perhaps maybe even join along. See you next week and I will have my first charm to share with you!! You can follow Crystal's progress on her Butterfly Charm Blocks over on her blog Crystalized Designs







No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment

Looking Forward.....

As I sit here and dust off the cobwebs to my tiny ghost town of a blog, I am excited to make a fresh start and slowly get back to what...